E. DRESS AND/OR COSTUMING - JUNIOR, YOUTH & ADULT
1. Definition of “Syllabus Dress”.
a. Gentlemen. Standard and Smooth Divisions: Dress pants, plain shirt and tie, and optional cummerbund or vest or black sweater or tuxedo. No tail suits. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Dress pants, plain or ruffled shirt, optional tie and or vest.
b. Ladies. Standard and Smooth Divisions: Cocktail dress without excessive adornment. No ball gowns. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Leotards and wrap skirts or party/cocktail dresses without excessive adornment.
2. Definition of “Open Amateur Dress”.
a. Gentlemen. Standard and Smooth Divisions: Tailsuits. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Latin costumes.
b. Ladies. Standard and Smooth Divisions: Ball gowns. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Latin costumes.
3. For “Syllabus” competitions competitors must wear “Syllabus” Dress.
4. For “Novice” competitions competitors may wear either “Syllabus” or “Open Amateur” dress. The competition organizer may stipulate one or the other for this category.
5. For “Pre-Championship” and “Open Amateur” competitions competitors should wear “Championship” costumes.
6. Competition organizers may establish alternative dress and/or costume guidelines if they desire for Juniors, Youths or Adults.